Re: ATTENTION: all current MOTM participants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 22:13:40 GMT

Terry & all -
Good thoughts.  There should possibly be a limit for how many times a model
can be entered period as well.  And hopefully soon (after a few other things
are taken care of) we can have a fully automated MOTM voting system.

Jacob and I had discussed a few months ago to have a model 'rating' system -
where a different model is displayed on the main page for a rating system
(perhaps a 1-10 or 1-5 scale) - and once the end of the voting period has
come the highest average rated model will be the winner.  Thoughts?  The
system could be made to ensure that each model is given equal exposure, and
that IP addresses are logged.  Also, there could be a page (like the current
motm/) which displays all the entries side by side for comparison and
ranking relative to each other.

Comments welcome.  Everyone here at the site would like to see the MOTM a
little more automated and update-friendly.  Right now each month the editor
(which was me for many months now its Terry) has to hack HTML to update the
pages.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne

"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi,

To all of the people who have entries in the LDraw MOTM competition.

We have some entries that have "rolled over" for several months now.  The • page
is getting kind of full, and I need to know if you still want your scene • to
continue to be in the competition.

So if you want to continue - and have me roll over your current entry to • the
next month - please email me and let me know.

If I do not receive an email confirmation from you, your entry will be • removed
from the next competition.

At some point in the future, we will probably set some sort of automatic • limit
on how many times an entry can run without having its author resubmit.

-- Terry K --