 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 740
Re: Bricksmith 1.4: Intel and More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 04:29:33 GMT

This may appear twice, I tried posting it using email authentication, but that does not appear to have worked. - Erik

In lugnet.announce, Allen Smith wrote:
   Bricksmith 1.4 aims to clean out most of the skeletons that have been accumulating in the closet. This releases focuses on bug-fixes, and some of these bugs have been long-standing, serious, and/or very annoying. It gives me great pleasure to put them in the grave.

Unfortunately, at least on my machine*, some new skeletons appear to have taken up residence. :(
  • iMac G5, 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.6
I am getting what seem to be random crashes (quitting unexpectedly) when opening various files. I say random because I can open the same model two different times, with different results. The model types it appears to crash most consistently are ones with multiple submodels/files, but it has also crashed with models that are in a single file. I have opened the same models without crashes using earlier verisons of Bricksmith. In most cases I can open the model, but if I try to rotate it or enlarge the window the application quits.

Does Bricksmith 1.4 have higher memory requirements?

Erik