 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 122
Re: Mac OS 9 - ldglite crashing, more info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
OK, so I finally was able to do some tests on what I posted about earlier
(ldglite on Mac OS 9 crashing with lowercase files).

Well, lower case isn't why it was crashing.  I could download the linux
files onto 2 different Macs with OS 9.2.2 and OS 9.1 and ran it fine.

However, I copied the ldraw directory that was crashing my laptop to one of
the test Macs and it DID crash ldglite, over and over.

So, one crash and reboot at a time, I am trying to figure out what is unique
about that folder.  When I figure it out, I'll post to the list.

Is there anyway to make this faster (besides turning of hard disk checking
and minimizing extensions)?  I guess what I am saying is, what causes it to
totally freeze so bad.  I rarely have freezes that can't be recovered from.

What is unique about ldglite?  There are lots of apps from Windows ported to
Mac.  Maybe we should try to enlist some experts in the porting field (not
that I haven't tried, but maybe now would be a good time to try again).

If I install MacsBugs will that make it easier to recover from?  And then I
guess I could open the project files in CodeWarrior and debug it (but I
don't really want to).

James

Install macsbug. When it crashes, type 'stdlog'. That will create a log file
called 'stdlog' (on the desktop on this machine). Then type 'es' to get out of
the app that crashed. Sometimes if things are really hosed, you may have to type
'rs' to reboot the machine. Send the log file to me (or anyone here that groks
macsbug) and I'll give you a rough intepretation of what is happening. It will
help greatly if you turn on the debugging symbols in CW so that the log file
actually has some meaning.

Ray