 CAD / Development / 9963
  Re: ldraw programs for PDAs? (was MLCAD for PALM)

What I really ment was to be able to run a program like LDLite on PPC so you can view LDR and MPD files. There would be no need to be able to produce images, just view (IMHO)... (...) No need to do that then. Jaco (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw programs for PDAs? (was MLCAD for PALM)

(...) I believe LDLite was originally written with the Pocket PC in mind as a possiblity, so it shouldn't be difficult to build a version for that target. I can't do it because I don't have a Pocket PC to test it on, or the development environment (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw programs for PDAs? (was MLCAD for PALM)

My idea was indeed to be able to up or download (however you would like to call it) LDR and MPD files to the PDA via PC connection, infrared, wireless, etc. Next you should load the files into the VIEWER to show off to anyone who would like to see (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw programs for PDAs? (was MLCAD for PALM)

(...) Yeah I know, at first it sounds like a neat idea. I felt that way about the DOS version of ldglite, for a while... Let's see. The parts library is about 30MB (5MB compressed) and your average PDA sized image might be 100K. You could fit 50 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)