 CAD / Development / 9700
9699  |  9701
Subject:
Color Defining Systems Summary?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:09:31 GMT

I think that there are a number of different systems for defining new or custom
colors in the large number of LCad programs, right? Most of them are considerate
towards original LDraw and other tools that are not supporting that system. But
I think some will generate errors, like very high color numbers, maybe
hexadecimals, and maybe even defined colornames in string format(?)

Does anybody have an overview of what system there are and what software support
it?

Is there already a summary somewhere that lists systems and supported by...?

Is there any system recommended by... well, the LDraw "authorities"?

My personal interest in this issue is to be able to freely define my own custom
colors, and preferably other properties like finish, for Modulex parts that
seems to have come in an endless number or colors, for clones, or even for other
things than building blocks.

I use Notepad, L3Lab, L3P, L3PAddOn, and POV, and like to define the custom
colors in the ldr model file I edit in Notepad, if possible. The colors don't
need to come out right in L3Lab, but I don't want error messages or invisible
parts.  Is that possible? I guess the possibilities of L3P is the key to the
answer?

Well, enough with question for now.

/Tore