 CAD / Development / 9367 (-5)
  primer/tutorial on BFC?

Anyone out there willing to teach me how to certify a DAT file for backface culling (BFC)? Posting to LUGNet would be preferable, especially if you are providing images (visual aids are usually helpful when teaching a complicated subject). I recall (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) Hi Travis: Thanks for your input. LDview is a fine program, by the way. LDview, along with Lars' L3Lab, has been indispensible for me when designing complex parts and models. Thanks again for the info. Dave! (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) Hi Orion: Thanks for the response! I don't mean to dispute your answer, but I have made dozens of clone parts in LEdit that use the color range 256-512 for linetypes 3 and 4. Granted, some of the colors appear a little different in LEdit than (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) LDraw/Ledit doesn't accept non type 1 line with colors 256-512. While there is nothing perventing you from making a model that has quads, triangles and lines with color 256-512, we enforce this rule for the Official Library in order to ensure (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) I don't know why the restriction exists, but I do believe it is enforced for parts in the parts library. At a guess, the restriction comes from the orginial LDraw program itself. I know that my own program (LDView) completely ignores this (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact