 CAD / Development / 9032 (-5)
  Re: Thanks to all the parts developers

(...) thx to you kevin for makin' pov-rendering a piece of cake. toying around with all this cryptic pov-code was never easier. w. (waiting to see his space parts certified, especially the crater plate - reviewers please!) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) I don't actually do any transformations in LDView to get the logos right. I just detect the mirroring (by tracking negative determinants and flipping the mirrored bit every time I see one) and modify my texture coordinates to un-mirror (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Yeah, I did a search for determinant and found your note. I tried the on-the-fly fix in ldglite with the L3 structs and it seems to work, although I'm not sure I'm applying the fix correctly. Is it really as simple as multiplying some matrix (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) We definitely don't want to do this. It's unnecessary, because the sign of the determinant in the matrix specifying the sub-part tells you whether the sub-part is mirrored. The above might allow the program to do less math, but that's not an (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Yes. That's what LDView does. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact