 CAD / Development / 8976
Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I really want everyone to try out the new version as I have no way of
knowing whether or not the new preview feature will work on all machines.

Questions, Comments, Requests, Complaints, Gripes, Moans, Bug Reports,
Flames, Death Threats: Email me at orion@pobursky.com or post them here on
LUGNET

I just recently got a chance to take it for a test spin.  Pretty nifty!
Preview works fine on this Win2K pc with TNT video card.  Here's a few
notes.

  How about a selection for the background color in the preview window?

  The parts in the preview window initially display inside each other.

  The mouse spin mode in the preview window is odd.  Instead of applying
  the spin to the current position of the fig, it applies it to the
  starting position.  Because of this, it's impossible to spin the fig
  to all possible viewing positions.  For example, you cannot view the
  fig in a reclining position.  Compare the spin motion to l3lab to see
  what I mean.  This should be fairly easy to fix, however.  There must
  be a million or so cube spinning demo programs on the net with source
  code to examine.  I think it's probably something as simple as pre
  vs post multiplication of the matrices.

Don