 CAD / Development / 8812 (-10)
  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) I think this looks very comprehensive - and I think the idea of choosing a small group of dedicated people to actually take the proposal forward is the way to go. I think this proposal is definitely a step in the right direction. ROSCO (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Resolution

(...) For general features, the standard rule of thumb is to model details which are 1LDU or larger. To cleanly model some features, you certainly can run into decimal places -- I typically go to 2 or 3 decimal places in part files. Any use of the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) Dan, there seems to be some confusion here on your part. Hopefully other posters have cleared it up for you, but I want to go on record here on what the vision was. If it wasn't clear from the proposal, that's at least partly my fault since I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) Sorry, I should have said, "how LDraw.org should function as an organization in the future." -Tim (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) I think you're misunderstanding, perhaps I wasn't clear enough in the proposal. The leaders who set up the LSC are only setting it up, they aren't the initial members of the LSC. These people were self-selected two years ago, based on the fact (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) You're mostly right. I suppose the proposal/message wasn't clear enough (and this is the part I was afraid of it not being clear enough in, so I tried to disclaim it). A couple years ago, the four of us posted this message: (URL) - sometime (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) Hi Dan, (...) Unless I mis-read something, I think this initial group of 5 is the (parent organization) LDraw.org's leadership doing double duty as the initial Ldraw.org Stnadards Comitee for the sole purpose of setting up how the Standards (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) right. I was saying that the LSC needs to be qualified (as Orion pointed out), AND that the LSC needs more representation from the programmers. Currently, as far as I can tell, it has (from the stats I could gather): Jacob: parts author, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of arbitrary elements with LSynth

(...) Not to worry, combining things is more of a stretch goal (if you'll pardon the pun). Just one is good enough for now. (...) Maybe that's the way to go. I think actually I would go with Band and then hand edit away the 1/2 (of the synthesized (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of arbitrary elements with LSynth

(...) Thanks Mike. Meanwhile I just installed make-3.79.1 and it makes lsynthcp OK without needing to install MSys. Gotta think about whether I want Cygwin or not... it's not like I don't have a bazillion other things I should be working on instead. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact