 CAD / Development / 8487
Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:29:50 GMT

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

http://news.lugnet.com/loc/se/?n=1349 for example. Quite corrupted
and hard to read - even for us who understand Swedish. ;-)

This problem is not due to the Swedish character set, but rather a
problem with the Lugnet web interface.  The Lugnet web interface does
not support RFC2047 encoded header fields, that explains the problems
with the subject line.  I have addressed the problem in this article,
with no response:

The problem with the body of the message, appears to be that the web
interface does not support articles with quoted printable non-7bit
characters.  Reading the same article in a news client works just fine
for me.

Fredrik
--
http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/