 CAD / Development / 8419
Re: Calling all Meta-commands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:48:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:

[...]

Now, who owns the defintion of what SYNTH does? You? Them? Both of you
jointly? No one? Blech.

We either need a standards body to control the commands and hand them out
judiciously(1), or we need to use prefixes (program names or whatever)(2) so
we don't step on each other, or we need to live with the chaos that will
ensue from doing neither of the above.

I agree with the route of a standards body to control (officially adopted)
meta-commands. The second option is just a fix, and the third option is
unacceptable, especially if we want to see more people use these tools and
develop for the LDraw format.

If there are other choices I'm not sure what they are but I'm open to
hearing about them.

-Tim