Re: New Touch Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:12:44 GMT

-----Original message-----
From: Laurentino Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt>
To: lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com>
Date: vrijdag 26 maart 1999 15:40
subject: Re: New Touch Sensor

Laurentino Martins wrote:

I've tried but I failed. :-(
I never read anything on how to LDraw stuff from primitives, so it was
more or less by chance.
I tried to paint the front 2x2 _interior_ of the 3x2 brick with silver
(color 383) but only one of the areas turned out gray in the rendering.
I have no idea why.

This is a known problem with dithered colours: If you render the Dat-file of
a part,  the dithered colour in a type 3 or a type 4 line is not rendered
correctly, but type 1 lines, which for instance contain a rect.dat
primitive, amazingly DO render with the correct colour. This probably
explains the difference you saw. Using your part file in a model file is
also done with type 1 lines, so similar to the primitives in a part file,
here they will render with the correct colour again !

While editing my part files, I use the following method for testing
dithered colours.

I make a dat file called TEST.DAT which contains the line:

1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 <partname>.dat

Substitute <partname> with the name of the part you are editing. If you
render TEST instead of your partfile you will see the colour shows up as
you've intended it to be.

Having you Informed this way, I hope you can get back to work.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.