 CAD / Development / 754
Re: [makelist] mklist v1.0 ready for testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:15:08 GMT

Hello Lars,

Are you still developping your mklist program for making the parts list ?
I liked the program because it runs on both my MS-DOS 6.2 machine at home,
and the (new and fast) Windows NT 4.00 based machine at work. I can't test
it, but your program probably works under Windows95 too. If you are able to
complete it, we would have just one universal program for generating the
parts list. I have one request: Is it possible to set up the program in
such a way that when the list is sorted by description, a group of parts
with identical descriptions are subsorted on part number, with the lowest
number first ?
My problem is that makelst2, makelst3 and makelis4 do not run under MS-DOS,
and that Makelisb and makelisc did work, but sort incorrectly. So it would
be a giant leap for mankind if you could make mklist work properly.
I suspect that makelst2 by Tore Eriksson sorts parts.lst as it shoult be, so
maybe you can get some help there.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.