 CAD / Development / 7484
Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:27:44 GMT

Adam Howard wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
[ XFUT lugnet.cad.dev ]

Don Heyse wrote:

Were these specifications developed by Michael independently, or are they
the result of discussions and suggestions made by members of the ldraw
community?

No idea. (I am not going to read that document, while Michael claims that its
contents are covered by the quoted license)

However, I do think it is ok
for Michael to create an entirely new file format for MLCAD

Yes of course, but file formats are (AFAIK) not covered by copyright. If
Michael wants to protect a file format, he has to attemt to get a patent on it.
And why should anybody want to use a file format, which might get them in
trouble, because somebody claims to own it?

Play well,

Jacob
--
Classic racing car (with building instructions):
     http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Biler/Veteranbil/