 CAD / Development / 7082 (-10)
  Re: Two questions on primitives

(...) One other thing,[1] the primitives which are most commonly used with the INVERTNEXT flag/statement are the *-*cyli.dat files. All of these files (the regular cylinder primitives) have BFC'ed versions posted on the Parts Tracker. -- Steve 1) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Two questions on primitives

Thanks guys. You cleared up my only question with BFC -Orion (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Two questions on primitives

(...) You've got it. When existing part files are made BFC-compliant, they have to be checked through completely. The main changes are fixing polygon wrapping and adding INVERTNEXT statements. Until a file is labeled BFC-compliant, renderers (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Two questions on primitives

(...) Is this a real issue? Parts can't be truly BFC compliant until all of their subparts are BFC compliant. So yes, you'll have to insert those INVERTNEXT commands. But the part wasn't BFC compliant before, and this is just another part of (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Optimising piece use (Was: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open)

Cool. I like the parallel-paths-to-ground idea that you'd get with conductance and studs as resistors. I can see large 1x16 "ground plane beams being used, likewise maybe wall pieces. Another interesting aspect is surface gradients, and the use of (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Editor Error & Crash

(...) Hmm. I'm guessing it's coming across something it doesn't like in the ldraw.ini file. You could try temporarily renaming this file, then trying to access Options | View Settings. Just to see if that lets you in. I seem to remember that this (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Duplo Stud Primitives

Part Reviewers: There are 12 new DUPLO part files on the PT, ready for release. However, all of these files depend on the new primitives stud7 and stud8. In order for the stud files to be released, their fast-draw companion files, stu27.dat and (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Animation

No, I am working on it alone. I didn't knew there was already something out there for this kind of stuff. Roland (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hi-res sphere?

(...) I wrote a tool for generating a 1/8 sphere (including type 5 lines) for a mock-up part I made once. Write me if you want a copy of the source code. Jacob (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation/scaling matrices... reference?

(...) Well, in the order from easy to difficult: Near the bottom of this page: (URL) written something about manipuating 3D-Ldraw objects with matrices, it's the section starting with the line "Manfred Moolhuysen writes:". I've kept my explanation (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact