 CAD / Development / 6867 (-5)
  A comprehensive LDraw object model

Hey folks, I think we need to figure out a comprehensive LDraw object model. Something that can be presented simply, and easily ported to various modern programming languages. A comprehensive class diagram would be a great start, and some code to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - Calling for work

(...) OK, ladies, gentlemen and minifigs, so everybody is agreeing it is a good idea, what is more, it is already a group of good ideas, including LCD itself (by the way, LCD could stand for Lugnet.Cad.Dev, too! :) and the LMPL language, and so on. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

Two new CAD (Computer Aided Design) software development newsgroups have just been created for the discussion of new CAD software projects. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== -> lugnet.cad.dev.lcd (group): LDraw Connection Database forum: in-depth technical (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LCD - LDraw Connection Database - Proposal

(...) I think the idea of having an LMPL separate from the LCD is definitely a good idea. Not everyone is going to want to do animation or whatnot - I know that I'm personally more interested in just having a good way to connect the parts together. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Is there a moved-to utility?

(...) There's two programs I know of that do this: MLCad and a Perl script I wrote over three (!) years ago. It wrote the changes back to the original file, and all the little things (like the LDraw path) had to be hard-coded into the script. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact