 CAD / Development / 6748
Re: JAVA - Viewer for dat-Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:20:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Bernd Broich writes:

I wrote last week a little java-program for viewing dat-files
using java3d. It's possible to make this also an applet.

So what is your opinion? Is there some interest for such
a program or not?

Yes.  A a .DAT or .LDR viewer in an applet would be helpful for quickly viewing
parts too new/unexamined for Partsref (or parts, such as minfig heads, that are
too small in Partsref to really examine).  It would especially be useful for
users not interested in actually installing LDraw tools on their systems[1] or
on systems not supported by those tools[2], but who still might want to see the
parts.[3]

TWS Garrison

[1] Like me. . .
[2] Such as Solaris. . .