 CAD / Development / 6246
6245  |  6247
Subject:
An idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:46:01 GMT

Wouldn't it be neat if, when you load a model in a CAD program, if a piece
in the model is missing, it could automatically download the missing part
from ldraw.org for you?

Or periodically poll ldraw.org to see if DAT file updates are available, and
if so, install them for you?

Or when you install the CAD program, it could optionally download the whole
parts library for you?

I'd like to include features like these (with permission from the fine folks
at ldraw.org of course) when I release my in-development CAD system to make
it easier to use.  We'd have to devise a spec for where and how to get the
latest DAT file information though.

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

-Gary