 CAD / Development / 6239
Re: LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:17:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Hi Brian,

LDraw (and MLCAD) leave me speechless. It's an
absolutely amazing accomplishment. Congratulations to
yourself and everyone involved.

I don't deserve much of the credit, but thanks on behalf of
everybody involved in the project.

I've got a question and I read thru the FAQ but it
didn't answer it. I'd like to be able to create or edit
my own pieces - specifically I'm interested in making an
RCX 1.5 and the forthcoming 2.0. I'd like to edit this
so it doesn't have the A/C adapter and also change the
text to read 1.5 instead of 1.0. Is there a tool to do
this?

At some point, there was talk about introducing a "part[1]
editor" mode in one of the programs, but I don't know if it
was done[2].

The people who create and edit parts hang out at:

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/

so it is there you are most likely to get practical advice
on the subject.

Play well,

Jacob

1) In LDraw terminology its "part", not "piece".
2) I have a bad habit of using a program called "vi" for
  editing LDraw models and parts. Nobody should do that,
  but it is my favourite tool for practically any task
  (except carpentry ;-).

What????? You don't use vi for carpentry????!!!!??? What about when you're
building a bookshelf?? You just make one shelf, use shift "Y" & shift "P" to
copy it as many times as you like!! It always saves me heaps of time!!!

ROSCO