 CAD / Development / 6107 (-5)
  Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)

(...) Paul, I don't know if you saw earlier messages about the Part Tracker, but there was some discussion about whether or not we could use CVS as a backend to an automated system. What do you think? There are a number of features we need that (I (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

(...) This "problem" seems to be quite familiar to a lot of us ;-) (...) (d) I looked at it, but it was practically only GUI stuff without the necessary functionality, and I'm not the right guy to comment on GUIs... (...) Yes, that would have been (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

(...) Right now, it's a monolithic project; there hasn't been any segmentation of tasks. That's mostly my fault; I haven't reviewed the progress Dan has made, so I can't say where there's a need for work. It's also an artifact of not having a good (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)

(...) This sounds almost like communistic ideology: For the project to ultimately become open, it must first become more closed for a while! ;-) (...) That's undoubtedly an interesting idea. Fredrik (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)

HeeHeee! I have great faith in Tim that one day LDraw will become an open project, but I don't think it has ever been one in the past! :) As soon as the parts library is opened up, I promise I'll check it all into Sourceforge.org, so one can use (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact