 CAD / Development / 5612 (-5)
  Re: Dull metal color?

(...) Yes indeed! Would I simply change the reflectivity of the color? That seems pretty easy; I'll try it when I get home. Thanks! Dave! (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dull metal color?

(...) If I recall correctly, the FAQ says to use the same color code (#383). If ray-tracing (using POV-RAY), you can distinguish be encoding a variant of the translated color -- I'm assuming you'll be using L3P -- to have a non-reflective version of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Dull metal color?

Is there an LDraw color code for silvery metal other than bright chrome? I'm thinking something more along the lines of dull silver-grey, like the wheels on some Technic sets. Any guesses? Dave! (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: bend thingie creator.

(...) It's very cool indeed, I've been trying to do something like this for LeoCAD but I'm using Hermite curves and the user is able to move the control points and direction vectors interactively. Everything works reasonably well but I'm having (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: Light.dat Author?

(...) IIRC, LIGHT.DAT was a collaborative effort between Lutz and James before Lars released L3P. Since few people other than James modeled parts before he passed away, my guess is that James wrote the actual code for the file (all 3 lines :) --Bram (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact