 CAD / Development / 5489
Re: Does anyone have a problem running POV-RAY and MLCAD at the same time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:40:23 GMT

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message
I have a funny problem that occurs sometimes if I am rendering with • POV-RAY
in the background and working on MLCAD in the foreground.

When I do specific things in MLCAD (the most frequent thing is to • pull-down
the combo box on the parts selection pane and select an item) in this
situation, my monitor goes blank as if the graphics card crashed or
something.  The computer seems OK, but I have to reboot to get my graphics
display back.

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? I've had no problems
running POV-Ray while building more stuff in MLCad on my own PC, I'm running
NT 4 SP5 with an ATI Expert@Work card using the latest beta drivers (fixes
problem with animated gifs in IE!).

Dan