 CAD / Development / 5468
5467  |  5469
Subject:
DATSort, a utility for sorting .DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:23:22 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey gang,

For a while now I've wanted a way to sort the entries in a .DAT file according
to X-Y-Z coordinates, that way after I build a file in MLCad I can sort the
elements so they're in an order much like original LEGO instructions (bottom to
top, back to front, left to right). This makes it easier to see each piece as
it is added to the model.

So I finally wrote one.

DATSort allows you to browse for any .DAT file in any directory, then select
any (or all) elements in the file and sort them (ascending or descending) by
coordinates, part color or part number.

DATSort will even sort between steps, so you can retain step information, but
make sure the elements in each step are in the order you prefer.

DATSort will save the sorted file and even backup the original if you please.

DATSort does not require any other apps to run, just the VB6 runtime module.

Here's the link!
http://home.flash.net/~onyx/DATSort/DATSort.html

Right now it's at v.9 beta, but all functions work and I've tested them
thoroughly. Once everyone gives it a run and there appear to be no bugs, I'll
release it as v1.0

Enjoy!