 CAD / Development / 5446
Re: Stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:24:59 GMT

[snipped ng list to lugnet.cad.dev]

In lugnet.cad.dev, Carsten Schmitz wrote:

Could I submit stickers for the vote? They are not fixed to a brick etc but
behave like a brick ... you can attach and move it it as normal. They have
just normal edge and plane colors like every other singlepart. I can't do
nothing against the standard gap between bricks but who cares?

My take on this is to make stickers this way:

. Position the image horizontally at Y=-1
. Around the outside of the sticker, project a surface from Y=-1 to Y=1
. Make a blank surface, the same shape as the sticker, at Y=1.

The extra surfaces should be the same color as the paper/plastic the
stickers are printed on.

The 2LDU thickness is definitely excessive for stickers (2LDU is .8mm), but
the proper placement for these stickers is half-in, half-out of a brick
wall.  The printed surface would be 1LDU outside of the brick, and the
blank surface should be 1LDU inside of the brick surface.

Steve