 CAD / Development / 5323
Re: I can't run L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:56:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan J. Farrington writes:
I recently downloaded L3P and went through the instructions, setting the
paths for L3P and LDraw.  But when I type in the command C:\> l3p car.dat
it says, "This program cannot be run in DOS mode". Do you know what I
can do to get it working?

You must have a MS-DOS Command Prompt window open before you can issue the L3P
command. Here is what I have done as a setup for L3P:

Search for cmd.exe (probably in your Windows\System32 directory, it is the
program that opens the Command Prompt for you)
Click on its name with the right mouse button, and choose the option "Create
Shortcut". Click with the right mouse button on the shortcut you've just
created and choose the option "Properties". In the dialoge box, click on the
tab "Shortcut". Then change the path after "Start in" into the directory where
the file L3P.exe is located, for instance "C:\Ldraw".

Then click on the tab "Layout". Under "Screen Buffer Size" You should set
"Width" as high as your sceen allows you to display, for me that is 128, but
it depents on your sceen resolution and font settings. It is also a goot idea
to increment the "Height" setting a bit, I've chosen 31 for this.
The "Window Size" settings will automaticly increase also (they should)
Save the settings with OK, then drag the shortcut to your desktop or somewhere
in your start menu, whatever location you prefer. I've changed the name of the
shortcut into "Shortcut for using l3p" for clairity.

Now your set to go. Double clck on the shortcut and enter: L3P car
You are allowed to ommit the "dat" extention.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.