 CAD / Development / 4636
Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:05:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:

AFAIK, Filip Spacek is the only person who has a copy of the LDraw
source, given to him by James before he passed away.  His email
address is spacek@geocities.com.  There might be more people with it,
but he is the only person I know of for sure.

There are at least two other people with the source code to LDraw, if I
remember correctly.  Maybe three.  But it seems like I've never heard of James
having given the source for LEdit to anyone.

Not that it matters -- AFAIK, James only gave out his code on the condition
that the receiver wouldn't pass it on to anyone else.

IMHO, a program like MLCad should be ported to Mac rather than the
original LDraw suite.

Definitely.  The LDraw code, in particular, is nothing to write home about.
No disrespect to James, but LDraw is a very straight-ahead (in the brute-force
programming sense) interpretation of the problem.  LEdit, now, I wouldn't mind
seeing.

Steve