 CAD / Development / 4256
Re: Problem with 1-4con1.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:23:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

John VanZwieten wrote...
The type 5 lines in 1-4con1.dat are coded color 16, rather than color 24 as
they should be.  (Unless I missed an update of this primitive.)

Is there any use for color 16 in linetypes 2 and 5?

To test if we have any color 16 lines, I just added a warning to "L3P -check"

That's a good test.  How soon can a new L3P be distributed?

The only legitimate example I could find was in PARTS\S\973p46a.dat.DAT
"~Subpart Minifig Torso with Forestman and Purse Pattern" by Chris Dee
where he used color 16 linetype 2 to make sure an outline is visible
at low resolution, see also http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev?n=4161

A clever but questionable technique because it makes some assumptions
about the renderer...

Questionable, but it works.  For now, at least.

The other examples found are errors, and should be fixed.

Yes.

Steve