 CAD / Development / 4112
Re: 0 Un-official part...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:09:39 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se>
To: <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 7:30 AM
Subject: 0 Un-official part...

As some of you may have noticed, I put an @-sign at the beginning of the • part description. Why? This is my way to mark
un-official parts or elements so I can both use them and easily list all • un-official parts. See, Mklist puts them first
in the parts.lst.

Is there anyone who thinks this is a bad idea?

(No need to stop using the "0 Un-official Part" line, though)

/Tore

What I usually do is go in and change the first line to read somthing like
this:

"0 (Unofficial) Brick 1x2 with Classic Space Logo"

that way the "(" will cause VEC to put it at the top of the list.  I also do
this with the parts I am working on "(Working)", as well as any subfiles
"(Subfiles)", and mock-up "(Mock-Up)" parts.  That way they are easy to
find, and when there is an update, all I have to do is copy them into the
"Parts" subdirectory, re-run Makelist, and then they will be moved into
their correct areas.  Of course, if you wanna be REALLY sure they get where
they are going, you can also delete out the image in the VEC before running
MakeList.

Kevin B