 CAD / Development / 4074
Re: Where did 3005.dat go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:17:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:

Can you use unarj for the mac to install ldraw.exe like I tell the linux
folks.  I think I put the unarj instructions in the readme.txt file in
ldglite0_5s.zip.  You know where to find that...

A quick web search for +unarj +mac turns up many hits.  Here's the first.
http://www.leo.org/pub/comp/os/macintosh/Info-Mac/cmp/unarj-221.afa.html

Duh... so it's an arj file? If only I had read the readme.

I am in the habit of letting Stuffit Expander handle any self-extracting zip
files, which it usually does just fine. But it mistakes ldraw.exe and
complete.exe for zip files!!! I believed it and didn't pursue other methods.
Stuffit does manage to get mklist.c exe before giving up.

The unarj that you found, doesn't quite work (circa 1993) so I think I'll
rewrite it.