 CAD / Development / 4067
Re: Dat web sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:55:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Damien Duquennoy writes:
Ok, I'm working on drawing the big wheels, an Mindstorms tyre
I'll see later if i'm able to draw the big shock absorber.
[snip]

I believe that the big shock absorber has been drawn, submitted and did show
up 2 or 3 vote cycles ago. It has been but on hold because there was concensus
over an idea how to make the spring coil appear compressed with differend
lengths of the shock absorber. In order to make that idea work propperly and
(most of all) in a way that users can understand clearly, the dat files that
describe the spring coil have to be rewritten in sutch a way that treir origin
points are exacly in the centre of these parts. The shock absorber is on hold
until this work has been done, (if possible by the original author) but I'm
still waiting for it to happen. A further idea was to write a small program
where a user only would have to input the desired length, and the program
would output the complete assemby for the shock absorber, whith the spring
coil compressed accordingly.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.