 CAD / Development / 3749
Re: Can anyone explain me why?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:01:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, John Jensen wrote:

As some of you may have noticed, I have had some problems making my 2951
behave.
Out of frustration I made some changes to the hi-res 1-8disc.dat, and lo and
behold, suddenly everything worked.
Now, the weird thing is that there was nothing wrong with 1-8disc. It was made
with type 4 lines, where the low-res version was made with type 3 lines, but
if you think about it, it makes perfect sence, you can do the 6 type 3 lines
with 3 type 4 lines.
Well, just out of desperation I substituted these 3 type 4 lines with 6 type 3
lines, and there it was, now everything looks quite nicely.

Can anyone please tell me why LDraw won't show the old version?
I even tried to make a "part" consisting of just one of theese, and it didn't
show up either?!?:)

I tried a dummy part using 48\1-8disc.dat (the original) and it works fine on my
system.

Also, your most recent 2951.dat draws correctly on my system, both in LDLite and
LDraw.

I'm guessing there was a problem in the original 48\1-8disc.dat.  I can't really
think what it could be, unless there was some weirdness with line-break
characters, or at the end of the file, or something.

Guess I'll mail the changes to Steve right away.

I'll check it out with both versions of the primitive tonight.

Steve