 CAD / Development / 3555
3554  |  3556
Subject:
The parts tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 19:06:47 GMT

I am thinking about setting up a new parts tracker (since the old one is
gone).
I will also create a matching sets tracker for posting of info on which
TLG
sets have been modeled. Sets will dissapear off the tracker after they
are in
the OMR. Both trackers will allow for attatching an e-mail address to
the name
field, both for requests and tracking.
the parts tracker page will have the folowing different options:
planing to work on: thinking about working on the part
in progress: working on the part
mocked up: the part is either made as a mock-up or is finished enough to
use
but not to submit
complete: the part is ready to submit for voting but has not been
submitted yet
submitted: the part has been submitted for voting
official: the part has been made official and is removed from the list
there will be a facility where a part author can go to a part in the
request list
and move it to the tracker.
parts will be able to be linked to either a picture of the part or a
.dat file
of it (if it is ready to put out) e.g. on cad.dat.parts.

The sets tracker will be similar to the parts tracker, it will
automaticly link
to the pause DB (mabie), it will have similar options to the parts
tracker etc

What do people here think about this idea? Does anyone have a place I
can put
this as I do not have access to an account with CGI facilities? Could
this
go on ldraw.org? Should it go on ldraw.org? I will probobly start small
and add
more features as time goes on. Would people use these trackers?