 CAD / Development / 3092
  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex

(...) Yes, this works for *new* models/submodels. Will you really require all existing models to go through a new good editing program, before they could benefit from backface-culling? I don't think that is necessary. Once an old model references a (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex

(...) Sure. But I also feel that it would make sense for rendering programs to give the user control, so that clipping can be set to default to off, or default to on, or to be totally disabled. (...) If a certified part-file can turn clipping on, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex

Steve Bliss wrote... (...) Yes, rendering programs should have these reasonable options. But I think it is safe to start clipping from opaque certified parts. (...) Parts are objects with obvious orientation. You are not in doubt what is (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex

(...) Disagree. Being able to turn clipping on and off separately from specifying the direction of winding is a functional difference, not 'syntax sugar'. (...) OK. Steve (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)