 CAD / Development / 2699
Re: Parts for LDraw or parts for POV-Ray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 02:41:14 GMT

Of course it is hard to give up something you created on your own.
I spent thousands of hours designing the parts, and still do when
I have the time to. Unfortunately this is not much at these months.
There are about 40 or 50 new parts waiting to be released, and all
the renumbering to be included in L2P, I hope to manage this by end
of August. Sometimes otherwise I fear that nobody is interested in
L2P anymore, since L3P can handle all parts theroretically when the
come out, even unofficial ones, this is an advantage of course.

Both l2p and l3p have their advantages depending on the goal of the user.  l3p
is great if you want a rendered version of a model, no matter the parts.  l2p is
great if you want a more detailed/smooth render and the parts are available.
Thanks for giving us the option!

Rich Bingle
bingle@ibm.net