 CAD / Development / 2568
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:06:07 GMT

I thought this mentoring thing was already done with him.. when it came
to doing parts??? from what I've read.. I haven't checked any of them
though.. it seems to have helped a little as far as his parts??? though
it seemed as of the time he then posted his first part after this all
took place.. I got the feeling the "mentoring" was over.. and it seems
that everything was back as the way it was before it.. the constant
asking, the constant badgering for parts...

I guess I'd have to say.. I'm NOT a babysitter... and I would never
expect someone here to do that job.. comformity is something you need to
deal with every day in your life.. you learn to conform at work.. you
learn to conform at home, you learn to conform on the internet..
Granted, in the first 2 forms of this.. you are able to avoid the
nonconforming person easier... (and we all know one of these from our
own workplace I'm sure) We have all tried nicely to get Jonathon to
conform even in the smallest sense.. Maybe now it's gotten through to
him... Only time will tell...

Tamy

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I just skimmed this whole thread while waiting for a compile.

I certainly do not want to stand here and claim that I have never done
things to annoy others and I certainly do not want to stand here and
claim that JW doesn't need to change his ways, but I would ask you to
ponder this...

Is it possible that certain people have let JW get under their skin to
the point that their emotions may be interfering with their ability to
be rational and fair?

I refer in particular to the trend I see among a few people calling for
banishment when I'm not sure that the group as a whole (whatever that
means) is calling for it yet.

I'm sorry that I did not yet respond in admin to the concrete proposal
Todd put in place in response to my suggestion about community
committees, but I wonder if some sort of mentoring committee that JW
voluntarily submits his posts to might be a way to go instead of
complete banishment?

lugnet.

Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy