 CAD / Development / 220
Re: LDAO eating header comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:08:39 GMT

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll get it taken care of.

Steve

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:01:15 GMT, "onyx" <onyx@flash.net> wrote:

Hey Steve,
i've noticed over the last couple of days, while modeling all these
wheels/tires that LDAO is doing something evil to my header lines...

my max2dat export proggy automatically puts these lines in after the standard
part/filename/author comment lines:

0 This element was modeled using 3DSMAX,
0 exported to ASCII with 3DXExp 1.1 and
0 converted to .DAT format by MAX2DAT

after finding the actual part numbers for the elements i was creating, i used
the rename function in LDAO to rename the files and subfiles... this is what
the header comments get turned into:

0 element was modeled using 3DSMAX,
0 to ASCII with 3DXExp 1.1 and
0 to .DAT format by MAX2DAT

it looks like LDAO's rename function is ripping the first word off of every
comment in the header... in fact, in the "rename model" dialog you can see
the truncated comments already appear in the "comments" textbox...

no biggie.. just giving you a heads up