 CAD / Development / 218
ReRe: [PARTS] - Header keyword line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:54:33 GMT

I asked:

2. Are there any rules or smart philosophies about what words I have to
put into the line.

Jacob Sparre Andersen answered:

I think CATEGORY was intended for things that belonged in
several categories and KEYWORDS was intended for a free
choice of keywords.

I would suggest that you just use KEYWORDS and choose words
that describes the part, but aren't used in the title. I
don't know if it is good or bad to use synonyms, but it
would probably ease searching.

I don't think I would include all those words.

  2635: Frame, Portal, Stand, Support, A-Frame.
  2641: Leg, Stand, Support.

Notice I that I have removed all words that aren't "built
into the part".

What is your reason of excluding the "category -like" words Airport, Boat,
Crane, Harbour, Train and  Stadium ? I thought the keyword provision was to
catch people looking for my part under one of those categories, because they
know the part in relation to their train or harbour set. Or they just think
they find it in the Crane category, and don´t come up with "Support" by
themselves.

I refer also to the answer Steve Bliss send 19 February 1999.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.