 CAD / Development / 2163
Re: who made the classic space helment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:25:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:
i remember seeing the classic space helment part somewhere... who made
it?
url for the page to get it?
Roy Earls did this as an experiment with MAX2DAT (see
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=764), to generate a very smooth surfaced part
(=large dat file). But last I heard this converter could not create type 2 and
type 5 lines in the dat file. I guess there are also some questions about how
much smoothing (ie. how many sides to the polygons), we should use for LDraw
parts - hence the title of Roy's posting.

This part (two versions actually, one with a strengthened chin guard) ought to
be easier to author than the modern helmet, so maybe I'll take a look at it
when my current tasks are done (Fire helmet, Wizard / Forestman torso).

Chris