 CAD / Development / 212
    MPD<->DAT conversion in Perl —Todd Lehman
    I want to make sure I understand this MPD file format. I wrote two Perl programs, one for slurping up a nested tree of DAT's and producing an MPD, and one for splitting up an MPD back into DAT's. I'm not sure how useful these will be in future (...) (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: MPD<->DAT conversion in Perl —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Are you sure this handles all the legal LDraw file names? I think both tildes (~) and hashed (#) are legal as well. Sorry if this comment is out of place, as I'm not too familiar with Perl. Other than that, your programs look useful. Fredrik (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: MPD<->DAT conversion in Perl —Todd Lehman
   (...) Oh. OK, no, it doesn't. Is there a spec somewhere on what characters are legal? There regex there should be m/[^a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.~#]/ to include ~ and #, but any other characters would need to be scrutinized very carefully to look for shell (...) (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)