 CAD / Development / 1682
Re: Working on Part 30384
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 02:09:22 GMT

Ok, I've made significant progress on this part (Thanks John! Thanks
Steve!).  In the process, I have made 3 "new" primitives (actually
modifications of existing ones):

1-4con1
1-4ring3
1-4ring10

These were necessary to maintain the geometry, though I could inline
them, but I think that the general trend is towards using primitives for
rounded objects.

I'm having a bit of trouble at the very tip of the canopy, where a VERY
steep cone sort of turns into a 3-axis contoured bevel that is not quite
spherical.  What is the best way to treat this?  I'll post the dat files
to lugnet.cad.dat.parts for people to look at tonight (I'm rushed right
now.. gotta run to an appointment)..

--Karim