 CAD / Development / 1484
Re: "~moved to" files and parts.lst
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:11:34 GMT

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:39:49 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

Question for all,

I have noticed that many people have been using "~moved to" files in modeling
lately.  These files are there strictly as a backwards compatibility measure,
and really should not be used in new modeling at all.
James would often delete "~moved to" files from new updates.  We have not done
that yet, but it may conceivably be necessary at some future time that we do
so.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have MKLIST.exe ignore all
"~moved to" files by default.  That would remove all those extraneous listings
from LEdit's parts.lst file.  Resulting (hopefully) in less usage of those
parts in new models.

What do you think?  Have MKLIST ingore them by default?  With an optional
switch to show them if users wish to?

I would be up for this.  I could easily add an option to LDAO's Make List
to include/exclude ~moved parts.  Or maybe an option to just
include/exclude everything which matches the [Parts to Ignore] list from
ldraw.ini.

BTW, right now both Steve's LDAO Visual Element Catalog, and Anders LDraw Parts
Search program ignore "~moved to" files.

More specifically, LDAO ignores any file in ldraw\parts\*.dat whose
descriptive name matches an entry under [Parts to Ignore].  This includes
anything starting with a tilde (~), underscore (_), or 'Delete'.

Steve