 CAD / Development / 10964
Re: Convert to Wavefront object?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:38:32 GMT

Travis Cobbs wrote:
As far as I can tell, it is impossible to
produce a 3DS file that all 3DS-aware programs will accept from any LDraw part
that isn't BFC certified.  Additionally, I haven't yet implemented BFC support
in the 3DS export, so many programs just don't like the files I'm generating.

--Travis

Yep. I created a minifig and imported the 3DS file into MeshLab. The
improper BFC is very apparent. (You can see how part authors simply
created one half of a part and then mirrored the primitives to create
the other half.)

-Mike