 CAD / Development / 10857 (-20)
  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I have never done this in my progs, but I will try to implement. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

Hi Mike, (...) I'm not sure to understand what you mean... Would it be difficuld to implement drag and drop of file to Datheader? that's a feature I often miss... Philo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

Hi, More than 5 years now since I've discovered the AFOL community. But I'm still incredibly amazed by its generosity and ability to make people collaborate. This post by Mike could look ordinary. But what a huge job from James Jessiman to this (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

(...) It makes (a lot of) sense. But I am not qualified to write installers... Maybe Mike? There is also the IP issue, some of the tools are neither mine nor Mike. Especially Edger, I tried several time to contact Lee Gaiteri to get the (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

(...) Mike, Philo, would it be possible to bake a fine prog including all the progs with a GUI, installer, tutorials ... to ease installation, maintanance and such? w. ps. it is known that im not a coder so please let me if I had just asked a stupid (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  DATHeader UPDATE

Version 1.1.6 of DATHeader is now available for download at www.michael-heidemann.de. You can now give DATHeader a file with path as a parameter to open. You can now change the category back to nothing if needed. Enjoy mikeheide (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  One for all (maybe)

I have now ready a new tool to give the very good commandline tools a gui. You can find the tool at: (URL) hope you like it. Please come back with your experience, so it can become better. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Philo! Awesome tool, can hardly wait to check it out. I've been waiting for a long, long time for such a prog. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) For unproject MLCad does the job. Symply select everything and set the appropriate matrix row at 0. This is perfect for triangle, quads... If you have primitives you have to later automatically fix the "all zero matrix row" using LDDP. The (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) This is great! Like Tim, I'd been thinking about writing a tool like this for a long time. Thank you very much for making this available. Steve (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It's a direct parallel projection. I think it's the best since the photo (with a long focal lens) or a scan has the same projection. Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) I was curious if it was a direct projection or an area preserving one. A nice variant might be to write an area preserving variant although that would get quite complex. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It should. One interesting aspect is that while photo/scan distorts the pattern, flattening the shape to put it in quad2dat does the same distortion so they compensate each other! Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Wow. Awesome. I've been meaning to write something like this for ages so I'm very happy. Would it work on minifig faces too? Tim (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Very nice. I don't author parts, so I won't be trying it out. However, I looked at your tutorial, and I have two suggestions: Add "Un-Project", where it takes a projected shape and flattens it automatically on an axis specified by the user (X, Y, or (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Wow! That is very cool! I'm going to have to find a curved piece in one of my models that needs a pattern and try it out. Thanks! Scott (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) What a clever tool. That seems like it will be very useful! Jim (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(URL) This new tool allows easy creation of non-flat patterned LDraw parts. Create a flat pattern and stamp it on a 3D former. Program, documentation, source code are available (URL) here>. To show the usefulness of this tool, I created the four (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Program naming conventions?

(...) If there is no other tool with that name - take it. But if your tool is for printing code I would suggest also the letter print in the name like LDPrint or better LDCPrint (LDrawCodePrint). cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Program naming conventions?

(...) Hi Jim, I think it is tradition to name things with LD (LDView, LDLite). I didn't figure this out until after I named LPub and LSynth. Kevin (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact