 CAD / Development / 10582 (-40)
  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) It's worth noting that if you get the POV-Ray camera info from LDView and render in POV-Ray, you should get exactly the same view there (assuming you use the same aspect ratio). (...) The sensitivity is pretty messed up. It doesn't properly (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) That's a nice pic Jim. I seem to recall there was a view from inside a Santa Fe car a while back, can't remember who rendered it though :( ROSCO (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

I'm sure this has been done before, but I realized an amusing application of LDView's "fly through" camera mode is to look at the world through the eyes of a minifig, particularly from perspectives where you couldn't normally fit a camera (or your (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Brian Durney (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Bricksmith is in Sourceforge. Browsing around its CVS, I found what appears to be the minifig generator source here: (URL) at the MinifigureDialogController files.) Of course, that source is in Objective C, but Objective C tends to be very (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Sorry, I didn't realize how many versions there are. I believe Bricksmith also has a minifig generator now. The source code for any and all would be helpful. I looked at the LDDP link you posted and didn't see anything about the source, either (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) To which minifig generator do you refer? - The MLCad minifig generator: MLCad is closed source - The LDDP minifig plugin: source code here, (URL) The LDAO minifig generator: LDAO source here, (URL) Note LDAO is extremely out of date and still (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  source code for minifig generator?

Hello, I am contemplating a minifig editor that would work like the generator but would be able to select and modify minifigs in an LDraw file. I'm not sure yet whether I'll use Java or C++, but even if I use Java the source code for the generator (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat updated

(...) Received and uploaded, Mac & Linux users can now download binaries from the main page. I'd just like to thank Jim again for all his help producing this version, and I hope Mac & Linux users can get some good use out of my little program. ROSCO (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Public LDView 3.2 Alpha for Windows

(...) This is wicked cool. (I just realized that it works in the pre-alpha Mac build I've been poking at.) Is it or will it be possible to export the light orientation to POV-ray format as with the camera angle? Be well, Jim (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat updated

(...) I've updated the (URL) txt2dat online> interface to use the new version. You can use the "Custom description" option to enter a comment for the first line of the sticker file using txt2dat's new -d option. The downloadable binaries are on (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Public LDView 3.2 Alpha for Windows

Due to some of the problems that exist in LDView 3.1 (command line snapshots and screensaver preferences), I've decided to do a public alpha release of LDView 3.2. Please note that this version will only run on Windows computers with Unicode (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  txt2dat updated

My LDraw text generator, txt2dat has been updated. The new version can be found (URL) here>. Changes in this version: Upgraded to current library versions: - Triangle 1.6 - Freetype 2.3.2 (Require at least 2.1.9) Initial build support for Mac (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView error

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> schreef in bericht news:JECt3F.ED0@lugnet.com... (...) Which is indeed true. The GF2 was not MX. (...) This is dissappointing... I assumed a GF4 would be better on all fronts than an GF2. (...) Thanks (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

(...) I don't know off-hand the performance characteristics of those two cards, but if your GF2 wasn't an MX, then it's actually possible that the new card is actually slower at geometry processing (despite being two full generations newer). In (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

Presuming you have the very latest drivers installed (your best bet is to use nVidia installers to repair things wholesale, rather than try to navigate at the individual .DLL level), then I might suggest that you have all the "goodies" (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

My problem was solved by downloading a dll file nvoglnt.dll. It turned out my version was 0 kb !? The strange thing however is that LDView renders slower than my GF2 card??? "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDView error

Hi all, Since I installed a new videocard (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X) I seem to be unable to run LDView. Why is that? My previous NVIDIA GeForce2 card did not give any problems. Can this be resolved? Thanks. Jaco (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) showing D:DownloadsShowParameters.exe The second line (Label2) however, stays blank. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  I hereby accect long file names!

(...) It's an utterly complicated way, but it works! Only problem is that GetLongPathName erases all other kinds of command line parameters. Now that I know that at least it is possible to avoid shortened pathnames, I rest my case. I no longer (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) (URL) on Win2000 SP4 w. (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) My best guess is at that time MS was trying to make things safe for old programs (although it seems senseless for them to have done this with Win32 apps). If you call the Win32 function GetLongPathName on the short path, it will give you the (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) That was command line, (URL) the result with drag n drop> is similar. ROSCO (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) Yeah I know they can be included but it's usually a safe idea not to. When setting a standard I'd be wary of allowing anything that is commonly poorly interpreted (which I suspect the escaped characters are). Tim (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) Thanks, Well well, first advantage of downgrading to XP, I guess. Just to be sure, you did drag and drop into the "application", or did you write it in a command line? /Tore (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) (URL) Here's> the output on XP. ROSCO (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) Well, I made a small program in Delphi 7 that lists the command line parameters, drag and dropped a file named "LongFileName.dat" in it, and here is the surprising result: (URL) (Running on a Win98SE PC.) So I think long file names still has (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) The only character either Linux or Mac OS X is allergic to is '/'. Spaces are perfectly acceptable under both. One need only take care that any paths fed to the shell are properly escaped. Ideally anybody writing shell scripts or system() (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) With tongue slightly in cheek, I believe it is time to accept the technological advancements of 1984. If DOS wasn't obsolete the day it was written, it definitely was within a few years. DOS filenames tend to be inscrutable, and there just (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) First of all, I agree that we should avoid using space in filenames for all official stuff. It's just too problematic. However, that's not a reason to forbid the use of long filenames in general. The thing is, any program that doesn't support (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) And sorry to reply to myself... Could people using older operating systems test this? I'm happy to maintain the status quo if there are problems but if no-one finds problems then I think we make the majority suffer for something that isn't (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) I'm not sure about 98 and its ilk but I've never had any problems with long filenames in XP for l3p (and possible other command lines although I can't remember any off hand). I would certainly recommend against using spaces in filenames as (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) It it really so? We still use renderers and utilities that have command line inputs, and I don't know but I have a strong feeling that long names may cause problems like "Unofficial" turs into "Unoffi~1" followed by path not found errors. And (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

--snip-- (...) Personally I'm against maintaining it. It forces us into strange naming conventions for something which probably affects no users of the software. Tim (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) So far, we have maintained the old DOS convention of max. 8 chars and no SPACE used in folder names. I realize that fewer and fewer programs and utils are made in DOS evironments, maybe I'm the only to still make quick 'n' dirty programs in (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Fiber Optics module

Willy Tschager schrieb: (...) I own the set (URL) and I will see what I can do. cu mike (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fiber Optics module

(...) hmm ... posted on "Sun, 3 Dec 2000 05:40:17 GMT" ... it's never to late to reply ;-) yes, I confirm that the axle hole in 6637.dat - Electric Technic Fiber Optics Element (Official LCad update 99-01) is 2 ldu too high - beside many other (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) Thanks! I enjoy recording models in LDraw after I've made them because the process of methodically disassembling and reassembling them for input is very different from the casual way I initially build them. It's just sort of fun to look at a (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) Ah yes, the trusty helmet mounted flashlight look. Too much glare for me. I prefer the sort of lighting delivered by the mid-afternoon sun, beaming down from high over the left shoulder. But that's a personal preference, I suppose. (...) Nice (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) My light is a directional light pointing in exactly the same direction as the camera. In LDView 3.1, you can actually override this with an undocumented command line option. I hope to have light direction (single directional light) as a new (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact