 CAD / Development / 10500

Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 03:40:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote:
X positive is right
X negative is left
Y Positive is top
Y Negative is bottom
z Positive is front
z negative is back

I've always understood it is:

X positive is right
X negative is left
Y Positive is bottom
Y Negative is top
z Positive is back
z negative is front

In fact you can show this by adding a brick in MLCad and moving it around,
watching how the X, Y and Z values change.

ROSCO

Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy
As I understand it, LDraw has negative y in the up direction, which is neither
right nor left handed, but something else entirely.  I don't know that it has a
name.

James

In lugnet.cad.dev, James Reynolds wrote:
As I understand it, LDraw has negative y in the up direction, which is neither
right nor left handed, but something else entirely.  I don't know that it has a
name.

James

It is still a right-handed system. The handedness is unchanged by rotation (in
ldraws case 180*x from standard).

Tim

Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy