 CAD / Development / 10500
  Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy

(...) I've always understood it is: X positive is right X negative is left Y Positive is bottom Y Negative is top z Positive is back z negative is front In fact you can show this by adding a brick in MLCad and moving it around, watching how the X, Y (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy

As I understand it, LDraw has negative y in the up direction, which is neither right nor left handed, but something else entirely. I don't know that it has a name. James (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy

(...) It is still a right-handed system. The handedness is unchanged by rotation (in ldraws case 180*x from standard). Tim (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy

Tim Gould wrote: > It is still a right-handed system. The handedness is unchanged by rotation (in (...) So the original designer of the LDraw program just decided to use this orientation of the right handed system. if so then it starts making more (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)