 CAD / Development / 10008
Re: Changing camera location in LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:32:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Farrington <ryanjf@ncgraphicarts.com> wrote:

I just downloaded LPub 2.2.0.1 — what a great program! — and I was
wondering why changing the latitude or longitude of the camera doesn't
affect camera location in the renderings. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

When rendering single images (entire model), the camera globe coordinates affect
the rendered results.

When rendering building instructions, MLCAD's ROTSTEP meta command controls
camera location (or model rotation.  Who can tell the difference?!?)

ROTSTEP is better than external camera controls, because you can change the
camera view angle on a per step basis (e.g. at step 7 you might want to turn the
model around so you can see where parts are added on the backside.)  Later you
might want to rotate it back.

ROTSTEP provides tremendous flexibility.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Thanks!

--Ryan