 CAD / Development / *3910 (-10)
  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

I don't mold plastic for a living but I think when you design plastic parts you have to design what you want to actually get, to a very high tolerance, and then you have to design the mold, which will have DIFFERENT dimensions than the desired part, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

[snipped other ng's from reply, although it was a toss-up between lcd and lcdol] (...) There are at least three different concepts to be differentiated-- "The Organization Formerly Known as L-CAD" "the LDraw suite of tools that JJ developed (as (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

[restricted reply to lugnet.cad.dev] (...) It's because LEdit supplies the .DAT when you type in a new part number. Parts.lst is only used to display the parts list when you press P<enter>. Similarly, we're stuck with leaving the ldraw directory (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

[restricted reply to lugnet.cad.dev] (...) And if you type in a part number, LEdit adds the .DAT to make the file number. Steve (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line in the Sand

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) Remember BFC must be disabled for transparent parts. That's what If 32 <= Color And Color <= 47 Then AccumClip = FALSE takes care of. Frankly I can't think of any situations where double-sided sections are (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Creating Illustrator like files

Hi all, With MLCad you can print out the models, right? It seems like the output is some postscript or vector drawing. Would it be possible to (directly!) convert the LDraw-file format in an Illustrator-like vector format? Now we would, or could, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

(...) Correct. I like the phrase 'The LDraw System' identifying the original .dat format and the programs which use the 'System.' [1] (...) Obviously .dat files have become integrated with part files. I like .ldr or .ldm for 'LDraw Model.' .mpl for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

Tim Courtney wrote: <Good questions. Which I snipped.> In my opinion: A name is needed to identify the concept of "formated to be compatible with LDraw and LEdit, as extended". This name needs to be separate from the concept of "the LDraw suite of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

(...) That would be great! I'm not sure if Jacob would want someone else's CGI running on the server, why not ask him. Here's the correct link: (URL) you'd like, just work with the fields (I believe they're commented in the HTML source) and we'll (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

(...) I could do a form and/or a cgi to go with it. I am an expert with cgi and html etc. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact