 CAD / Development / *3855 (-10)
  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Yep, I'm familiar with make. I even went to look for one once. Do you know how hard it is to search the net for 'make'? I never could figure out a decent set of search-words... Oh, wait. I've got a make.exe with my old copy of Turbo Pascal. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Are you familiar with the make utility? It allows you to describe an arbitrary set of modules, with their associated interdependencies, and then re-build only the modules which have changed and modules dependant upon them. Of course, using (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Line in the Sand

Still discussing: (URL) and now (URL) I posted an update to the v4 spec just now. It includes the changes suggested by Jacob. Things have been quiet lately, so I want to throw out a couple of questions: Does anyone have an opinion on whether it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) That's fine with me. The only downside is applying updates. When new parts are released for LDraw, I don't update individual partsref images and pages, I just regenerate the whole shebang. So any manual edits would probably get overwritten. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Off topic question Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

Nephilim <jthompson@esker.com> wrote in message news:FLv94v.I82@lugnet.com... (...) I've done the same in the past. As I see it, the thoughts of the community can be broken down in the following ways: (1) The purists hate the idea of any non-LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Yeah I was thinking that the third size should be a composite of four views top, left, bottom, and right. Should the floor be kept in this kind of view? Ie: Rotate Part over floor rather than 4 Cameras, nuking the floor only on the bottom (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

Excellent! After looking at them I think that other perspectives are more important than colors. Have you tried experimenting with the ambient light option in povray? I don't think l3p gives you that option but you can modify the pov files l3p (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) I Started this Several Weeks ago, I have already run Pov-Ray for the Thumbs and the Large Size. I have only the two sizes done so far. What would you call normal Size, I had not figured out a good third size any suggestions? All pngs, 128x96 (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  ldraw.org December Model of the Month Winner

The winner for ldraw.org's December Model of the Month competition is Thomas Burger, with his 'Datsville LMT Out From MacArthur Tunnel' image. Check it out at (URL) Congrats Tom! -Tim Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Speaking of which... I just posted my wants list. I want hundreds of most of the items on it. Someone pointed out to me that if I could tell of sets that had large quantities of the parts I might get better responses. Given the current state (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact