 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 8
Re: Mistake in 2-4cyli?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 05:31:14 GMT

Hi Steve,

I disagree with your reasoning.

I just looked at the file.  It seems to be OK.  There's one 1 conditional
line for each quad, which is right.

Notice that this setup gives a conditional line on one edge of the
half-cylinder, but not on the other.

With one side edged, and the other not edge, when you use two • 2-4cyli.dat's
together, you won't get double-edges at the seam.  As long as you join the
half-cylinders by rotating, not inverting.

If I use 2-4cyli as the 'edge' of a part, such as a window shutter, then on
one side I would have an edge line with an optional line over it, and on the
other side I would just have an edge line.  With optional lines on both
sides you would have double lines (which I can't see any difference between
single) and you would still be able to cover all the bases.
Also, if you want to combine 2 2-4cyli's then you might as well use a
4-4cyli.  And if you wanted to orient two 2-4cyli's with an offset or like
an s then you would still want the optional line for the other side of which
ever one is hanging in midair.

Just my 2cents worth,
Thanks,
Adam